Foster Home Application
By completing and submitting the form below, you agree to abide by the following policies during the time you volunteer as a foster home provider for the Bernese Mountain Dog Club of Oregon (BMDCO):
- I understand that it is my decision to volunteer for BMDCO. I will not hold BMDCO liable for any damage, injury, or harm caused directly or indirectly through my volunteer activities with BMDCO.
- I understand that BMDCO cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the temperament, health, or behavior of rescue dogs that I may handle, and I am aware that dogs may cause property or personal damage. I will keep dogs security contained while in my care.
- I understand that BMDCO will reimburse me for food expenses and other incidental expenses upon approval of the BMDCO Rescue Committee Chair. I agree that receipts must be submitted to the BMDCO Rescue Committee Chair within 30 days of the expenditure.
- I understand that BMDCO will reimburse me for the medical expenses of a foster dog or will ask the vet to send the bill directly to BMDCO. All medical expenses must be pre-approved by the BMDCO Rescue Committee or Committee Chair. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, the foster dog will be taken to a veterinary hospital and I agree to notify the BMDCO Rescue Committee Chair or another Rescue Committee member immediately. Receipts associated with care must be submitted to the BMDCO Rescue Committee Chair within 30 days of the expenditure.
- I understand that BMDCO foster homes with with the BMDCO Rescue Committee and that the Committee Chair has the ultimate responsibility for the dog. I understand that the BMDCO Rescue Committee has the right to place the dog as s/he feels is appropriate. I agree that BMDCO retains all legal ownership rights to the dog.